Looking to create your own custom lessons with News Literacy concepts? We've got you covered.
Lesson plan templates
Here are templates available in easy to edit Microsoft Word document formats to identify lesson objectives, and outline your lessons.
Learn more about creating customized plans
We've created sample lessons to help you integrate our materials into your lessons.
- Creating Customized Lesson Plans Around News Literacy Material
- Linking News Literacy to Library Skills for Middle Schoolers
- Using our News Lessons in your Classroom
Need some inspiration?
Take a look at some stellar examples of News Literacy in action in the classroom and sample lesson plans written by fellow teachers around the United States.
- Evaluating Sources using IMVAIN with the Middle Schoolers at New York’s IS303
- See Videos of other educators sharing best practices from our 2013 News Literacy Leaders Conference
- The Trustworthiness of a Zombie News Literacy Lesson
- VIA: Reading Literature like a Journalist
- Using News Literacy To Teach Essay Writing Skills
- Who Decides the News? You, That's Who!