- Compare the differences between news media bias and audience bias
- Identify your own biases, and reflect on how you would work to overcome them.
Stony Brook University School of Journalism Professor Steven Reiner explains how bias sometimes lies with the audience, instead of the news source.
- How can a news consumer identify their own biases?
- Have you found yourself afflicted with cognitive dissonance? When? What was the situation?
- How might you fight against your own biases?
- Project Implicit - https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/